Habits’ Diego Rossi and Innocenzo Rifino design Ultra—a modular entrance panel to meet the needs of a wide range of applications from small buildings to large residential complexes.
ULTRA is manufactured by Comelit Group SpA and its compact and elegant shape, in direct reference to its modular and configurable nature, is punctuated by the alternation of different material surfaces that highlight the different functional areas.
The project has been awarded a 2020 Good Design Award by The Chicago Athenaeum: Museum of Architecture and Design and The European Centre for Architecture Art Design and Urban Studies.
The Ultra design is developed according to a uniquely horizontal scan; the reduction of the traditional frame allows the maximum use of the useful space giving it a frameless, contemporary aesthetic suitable to communicate the technological evolution contained within the product.
The choice of an architectural language makes Ultra a discreet, deliberately mimetic element, capable of adapting to different installation environments.
Particular attention to the design of the assembly and maintenance system has allowed, through the adoption of a double frame system (frame and finishing frame), to simplify the installation and use of the product by hiding the fixing systems, combining practicality with a monolithic and durable design, able to guarantee high resistance to atmospheric agents.
Some of the innovative features of the Ultra entrance panel are :
– Audio/video module with wide-angle color camera and LED signaling for deaf, made by co-injection.
– White LED nameplate backlighting with automatic brightness adjustment. Independent led adjustment on each module and automatic daytime shutdown for energy saving.
– Buttons in anti-yellowing technopolymer with UV-stop technology
– Wall-mounted version with reduced profile (only 35 mm deep)
– Touch module with the possibility of content management via Bluetooth connection or from the Cloud
– Double frame system in die-cast aluminum coated using cataphoresis which ensures to the external panel a high resistance against vandalism and atmospheric agents.
The modular nature of the product allows the creation of different variants according to the modules that can compose it (audio or audio/video, single or double buttons (plastic or metal), digital call/directory, keyboard).
Project: Ultra Door Entry Panel
Designers: Diego Rossi and Innocenzo Rifino, Habits srl.
Manufacturer: Comelit Group SpA